Monday, February 23, 2015

Contaminated Chaos

(continued biography of Scrap Rabbit)

Dumpster Divers & The Receptacle Kings is the concept album about garbage. Filled with grimy imagery and cruddy anthems. The idea of this album started back in 2006 to make an EP about trash. But didn't come to reality until December 2012.

Early Versions of the song Heap-pile Monster were made in '07 but were never yet released. Also junkyard jam tracks were composed and recorded.


Then any hope for this album being created was shelved away. Years passed by until the album was then made, by this time I knew exactly what I wanted it to look and sound like.

The Cover of the album shows a flagpole I stood in a distant neighbors yard that I like to call the Walrus Man with a shribbled balloon tied to it with a face that looked like the owners. It sadly disappeared after that and wasn't found in their garbage can either. As I made sure of.

My only regret is that the balloon face wasn't tied to the pole in the picture as it looked a lot stranger.

As they tossed out the flagpole back in '05. It's just one of those things you'd have to be there to find the humor of as it kept showing up more deformed in their yard each time until they found that disposing it in the garbage can wasn't gonna work without it showing up by next week.


 That is why the flagpole on the cover of the album says written on duct tape "I'm Back" The album is littered with hidden stories of the like. Through the fold out of the album.

And it wasn't until this 16th SR album that I decided it was time to make a music video.

I had enjoyed pranking the garbage truck as there was nothing to do in a small town. I used to tape cans shut, stack them, put them upside down, I decided to do the prank where the can gets stuck under the claw after they drop.




"Nothing ToO Great To KeEp" was the obvious choice for the official pilot video in the epic series. As it tells the main story of the album. I had to crouch down under the backyard deck to do the final shot which was actually made before the actual song was, which I was pretty covered in garbage.



Also it contained a clip from the early performance video I made "NTGTK live" With the one part in the video where I'm pulling junk out of the can and some streams of cellophane took on the shape of a rabbit for about a second, hopped out of the can and returned to scraps. The clip was too cool not to use.

The "Rollin' On" music video then formed. I made a few versions as I had so many things I wanted to do with the video.. It was also the most complicated song on the album which took weeks to compose the music for it.

The whole album is planned to make all 16 songs into videos which has not yet been completed but would be nice as a bonus DVD so one could jam with the CD and then watch it also.


The Eraser Pet video show cased my eraser collection and told the tale of a stubborn eraser that wouldn't do anything. Thus making a pretty crummy pet.



The single off the album is "Melon Cone" mainly because I like the design. What mismatches can you find in a dumpster kind of thing. You can learn more about this throughout my blog.



The "DDATRK video"  was the receptacle king on a ghetto garbage throne chair sweeping down the back alleyways holding a staff. I wanted it to have it going down hills and stuff but knew it would receive no views so cancelled the idea. The mainstream is too contaminated by influence for artists like me.


There's also 2 games that were made to go with this Cd by the same name. Where you go down the streets collecting cans, learning garbage facts, but I read producing one costs 5 figures which squashed the promotion as a deluxe idea.


Rem Home Orchestra was set to be the third part of the Trash Trilogy with mixes by other bands and featuring new tracks. Which unfortunately has been shelved thus far but with help I'd eagerly start on it.



The second song on the DDATRK album "Garbage Dog" was a means to pump the motivation of the listener with it's heavy craziness. Collecting Cans was a softer track on the album that spurred and sputtered to a grind with short dumpster chatter excerpts from My Dad The Rock Star and King Of The Hill cartoons.




The first 6 tracks on DDATRK is the main part of the album. 

While 7-11 are the trash-trash-tracks, and 12-16 are the blended crud at the end. Sadly the NTGTK performance was probably too extreme for general consumption thus wouldn't very well go along in a trash can shaped collectors box.